The mission of the Public Works Department is to provide timely, cost effective customer focused capital improvement and maintenance services to residents, businesses, guests, and City departments so they can experience safe, reliable, energy efficient, and accessible public infrastructure for our community.
The Public Works Department is a diversified department that takes pride in its work and directly contributes every day to making Las Cruces the best place to live, play and prosper.
Public Works is comprised of six programs:
- Administration - The Administration Program provides leadership, administrative support, and strategic planning services to residents, business, guests, City departments, Office of the City Manager, and department employees.
- Public Works Special Projects - The Public Works’ Special Projects Program provides scoping, design, implementation, construction, and maintenance services to residents, businesses, City departments, other government agencies, and guests.
- Engineering & Architecture - The Engineering and Architecture Program provides engineering, architectural, surveying, storm water and flood plain management services to residents, businesses, and guests.
- Construction Management - The Construction Management Program provides construction inspection and project implementation services to residents, businesses, guests and City departments.
- Traffic Management - The Traffic Management Program provides traffic signals, street lighting, signs, and pavement marking services to residents, businesses, and guests.
- Streets Management - The Streets Management Program provides roadway and sidewalk maintenance and cleaning, and flood and weed mitigation services to residents, businesses, and guests.
- There are no alerts at this time.
Due to new residential development, flagging operations have been extended on Sirocco Avenue, between Vega Street and Chaco Street. Read on...
Shoulder work is scheduled on Sonoma Ranch Boulevard, between Engler Road and Peachtree Hills Road, beginning Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2022, and will continue to approximately Feb. 18, 2022. Read on...
Residents living on Corte Aguila will experience a water outage from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2022. Read on...