Athletic Field Practice Reservations
To reserve athletic fields for leagues to practice on weekends and week nights.
Parks will issue a reservation for a fee to ensure that all City-owned ball fields are made available on an equitable basis to individuals and organizations. This policy applies to all leagues and organizations wanting to use City athletic fields for practice.
- Reservations are taken on a first come, first served basis at the Parks and Recreation Administration office located at 1501 East Hadley. Reservations will only be taken during normal business hours; Monday-Thursday 8 am-5 pm and Fridays 7 am-4 pm.
- Reservations will only be taken for the following week only and in person. Teams may not reserve more than two practices per week. One individual may reserve one field for a maximum of two times per week.
- Cancellations for practice times will only be honored due to inclement weather and must be submitted within 24 hours of the cancellation. Practices cancelled by individual will not be refunded.
- Practice fields availability may be limited due to permit reservations, fields blocked for construction and field prep.
All teams will need to be covered by the respective leagues insurance for the amount of one million in liability insurance with the City of Las Cruces attached to the policy with an endorsement. If team is not covered, a waiver will need to be signed by all users.
All teams are responsible for policing the area for litter and making sure that the area is clean at all times. If it is determined by the City of Las Cruces Parks and Recreation Department that deterioration of the fields or abuse is present, all practice requests will be ceased at that time.
Teams will be responsible for monitoring and conducting themselves in a safe manner.
Reservation fees are $10.00 per hour with a 2-hour limit per reservation. Lights can be requested at time of reservation at no extra cost.
General Facility Rental Rules & Regulations
To ensure that all City-owned parks and recreation facilities are made available on an equitable basis to individuals, groups, and organizations residing within the City of Las Cruces, Doña Ana County, New Mexico.
Priority for use will be given to year-round recreational programs directly sponsored and/or co-sponsored by the City of Las Cruces. The School District will have next priority for use of fields and facilities. All individuals, groups and organizations must abide by all facility and City of Las Cruces rules and regulations, the Municipal Code, and must obtain special permits if such are required (i.e, Sound Permits). Refer to Las Cruces Municipal Code (LCMC), Chapter 20, Parks and Recreation, Article 1.
In General, Section 20-1.
If the selected date is available, a permit application will need to be submitted to the Administrative Offices, at least 2 weeks in advance of reservation. Download the appropriate form to complete your application:
- Park Application Form (PDF)
- Sports Field Request (PDF)
- Aquatics permit application forms are not available on-line at this time, please call 575-541-2782 for more information.
Permit applications to include fees and additional documentation can be submitted in the following ways:
- Hand-deliver the application to the Parks and Recreation Administrative Offices (1501 E Hadley Avenue).
- Email Parks and Recreation Administrative staff with the completed permit application.
Payment will only be taken at the Parks and Recreation Administrative Offices (1501 E Hadley Avenue) or mailed to:
Parks and Recreation
P.O. Box 20000
Las Cruces, NM 88004
User fees are established by the City Council. All applicable fees and/or deposits must be paid a minimum of seven working days prior to the approved event by cash, credit card, check or money order made payable to the City of Las Cruces
SUMMER 2022 RENTALS AVAILABLE
|Party Room||$100 for 3.5 hours|
|Swim Session: Infant (0 to 2 years old)||Free|
|Swim Session: Youth (3 to 17 years old)||$3|
|Swim Session: Adult (18 to 59 years old)||$4|
|Swim Session: Senior (60 years old and up)||$3|
|Exclusive Rental Regional Aquatic Center (Friday and Saturday 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.) NO HOLIDAY RENTALS||$400|
|Exclusive Rental Outdoor Pools only available seasonally (Friday to Sunday 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.) NO HOLIDAY RENTALS||$200|
Sports field rentals are in 12-hour increments.
Adult Tournament Fees
|3 Field Complex||$450|
|4 Field Complex||$600|
|High Noon 1 through 5, 11, and 12||$500|
|Provencio Van Dame||$300|
Youth Tournament Fees
|3 Field Complex||$150|
|4 Field Complex||$200|
|High Noon 1 through 5, 11, and 12||$250|
|Provencio Van Dame||$150|
Permitted exclusive use of a park/area/section is $50 per area/section per four hours.
For exclusive use of an entire park, if scheduled for more than one day of use, a flat fee may be applied to determine applicable fees.
Use of electricity or water at designated parks is a $50 added fee to the requested planned event.