Our staff is here to assist you to sign up for services, pay bills, and learn more about what Las Cruces Utilities can offer you.
We are proud to be able to offer a NEW way for you to manage your Utility Account, with our UtilityHawk Customer Portal.
It's Easy to sign up, and it's FREE!
This will allow you to:
- View your Gas and Water usage
- Set Alerts to be notified when your usage approaches (or reaches) an amount you specify
- See graphical representations based on time frames to help identify unusual, or abnormal, usage patterns
- Receive alerts when your usage indicates a continual flow without stopping
- Control your expenses by knowing ahead of time if your are likely to exceed your monthly Utility budget.
New Phone Number To Reach All Of Las Cruces Utilities
You can now simply call 575-541-2111 to have all of your Utility questions answered from Making a Payment by phone to Customer Account information to Solid Waste concerns to contacting our Administrative office. Our Customer Central staff is available to assist you Monday through Friday from 8 am - 6 pm (excluding holidays and weekends).
You can also now make your payment by phone after hours, weekends and holidays by calling 575-541-2111 and pressing 4 to be connected to our 24-Hour automated telephone payment system.
Utilities Emergency Dispatch
The LCU Emergency Dispatch Team monitors phones, computers, and radio 24-hours a day, including holidays.
The New Connections office assists with new utility meter and service line installations for gas, water, and wastewater service.
Before You Dig
New Mexico excavation law places certain responsibilities with the excavator for preventing damage to underground facilities. “Excavator” includes one person with a shovel as well as heavy equipment. The law provides for a one-call system that the excavator can use free of charge to arrange to have underground facilities located and marked before an excavation occurs.
When you call for a locate, it is your responsibility to ensure the information is properly recorded on the request.
To request a locate or to ask questions about what is required, contact New Mexico One Call Toll Free at 811 Or Submit Your Request Online At The New Mexico 811 Website.
Things to remember:
- A minimum of two full working days notice is required.
- New Mexico One Call’s normal operating hours are from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m, excluding weekends and holidays.
- If your locate request is for an Emergency, call New Mexico One Call by dialing 811. New Mexico One Cal will process your Emergency request 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No Emergencies are accepted by web entry.
- Locate requests should only be submitted for the amount of work that can reasonably be done in ten working days.
- If you do not receive a confirmation within 3 hours of submitting your request, there may be a problem in processing your request. Please contact New Mexico One Call at 800-321-2537 to resolve any processing problems.
Bill "leveling", or "averaging", evens out your monthly bills, based on your 12 month history, and keeps them at a constant rate throughout the year. Customers with less than a 9 month history will not see any benefit from enrolling in the plan.
When you are on the plan, you will see a minor fluctuation in the budget billing monthly, due to taxes, but that is usually less than a $5 dollar difference from month to month.
A Budget Plan covers June through May of each year. We encourage you to enroll, or renew your plan, each May as your plan will not automatically renew.
We encourage you to visit or call immediately to make payment arrangements if you are experiencing a financial hardship. Services that are shut off for non-payment require full payment of the past due balance plus additional fees for re-connection of those services. Find More Payment Assistance Options On The Billing & Receivables Page.