Las Cruces Utilities (LCU) will conduct fire flow tests at five locations from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2020, and another five locations from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 6, 2020.
These tests will be performed to determine:
- Water availability in planning for firefighting activities.
- Water availability for the design of our water system.
- Water main extension evaluation.
- System improvement and replacement planning.
- Evaluate the general condition of the water distribution system by detecting closed valves.
Las Cruces Utilities also uses the water data to simulate high flow conditions, to determine pressures and flow-producing capabilities of the water distribution system, and for the calibration of our hydraulic model.
The 10 flow tests are planned for model calibration, spread throughout the pressure zones.
The affected areas on Feb. 4, 2020, will include:
- Shadow Mountain Road, to Mission Bell Avenue west of Gamble Court.
- Mesilla Valley Mall.
- Roadrunner Circle, north of Majestic Ridge Road.
- Kevin Drive, between Poplar Avenue and Spruce Avenue.
- Sunrise Point Road, between north Roadrunner Parkway and Cheyenne Drive.
The affected areas for Feb. 6, 2020 will include:
- Harris Road, east of Mayfield Lane and north of Dalrymple Road.
- Mesilla Valley Hospital.
- Lemo Road, east of Porter Road.
- Chukar Court, south of Village Drive.
- Aldrich Road, south of Jefferson Lane.